Below you will find hints and tips for your robotic vacuum cleaner:
The app is intended only for mobile phones with the Android 4.4 and higher operating system and IOS 9.0 and higher operating system. It can also be used on tablets, but full compatibility is not guaranteed.
WiFi network requirements
2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (with sufficient coverage of the vacuumed area)
WPA1 and WPA2 security (WPA2 recommended)
the vacuum cleaner can be paired and used only on one WiFi network (SSID) at a time
if you are not sure whether your router meets the above requirements, contact your network administrator
Can the vacuum cleaner be used without the app?
Yes. However, you will not be able to use the features that the ETA NAVAGGIO app offers. Without it, only basic functions are available:
- automatic cleaning
- the vacuum cleaner can be sent to the charging station.
When pairing the robotic vacuum cleaner with a WiFi network for the first time, use the operating instructions for ETA NAVAGGIO APP that you can find it in the "For download" section. Or you can visit our YOUTUBE, channel ETA since 1943, where you can find a detailed video instruction:
Video instructions for iOS
Video instructions for Android
The basic requirement is:
- an active home WiFi network with sufficiently strong signal;
- a smart device with the ETA NAVAGGIO app installed;
- a sufficiently charged battery in the vacuum cleaner (at least 35%);
- to switch on the vacuum cleaner and launch the app and, according to the instructions, set up a user account and carry out the pairing;
- the pairing process is intuitive and the app guides you through the steps.
How can I contribute to successful pairing?
- Use only smart devices with supported versions of Android and IOS operating systems.
- Use a quality WiFi router that will safely cover your home with a strong enough signal.
- Keep the smart device close to the vacuum cleaner (up to approx. 2 m) during pairing.
If the pairing does not go as it should, focus on the following:
- check whether the vacuum cleaner is within the WiFi signal range;
- when pairing, make sure your phone is connected to the same WiFi network to which you want to pair the vacuum cleaner (same SSID);
- use ONLY characters a-z and 0-9 in the WiFi network name (SSID) (do not use diacritics and characters such as "_, -, *, @, +, - or "space""!). The total number of characters should be 8-16 (the same rules also apply to the password);
- some programmes (e.g. VPN, firewall, etc.) that you use on the phone may interfere with the communication between the vacuum cleaner and the phone. Turn off these programmes for the pairing process;
- turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device when pairing;
- make sure that the battery in the vacuum cleaner is at least 35% charged;
- try pairing with another phone to rule out issues with the phone that you are using;
- try to create a new account to rule out the issue of incorrect account activation;
- verify whether the settings of the WiFi network and the operating system of the smart device meet the specified requirements (see HERE);
- if the vacuum cleaner has already been paired and is now in OFFLINE mode (disconnected from the WiFi network), you must first delete it from the account. Then log out of the account in the app. Then restart the vacuum cleaner and your phone, log in again and repeat the pairing process;
- if possible, try to restart the WiFi router yourself.
To control the vacuum cleaner by multiple users, proceed as follows:
- each user must create their own account in the ETA NAVAGGIO app;
- the user who was the first to pair their mobile phone with the vacuum cleaner is the administrator and has the option to set up the sharing of the vacuum cleaner with other users;
- the exact procedure can be found in the application instructions in the download section.
Hints and tips, issues
Hints and Tips
Can the individual defined zones overlap?
Can I name the defined zone arbitrarily?
Not for a zone, but for this purpose you can name individual rooms within the created map. You have a choice of some preset room name options or you can create your own name.
Why doesn’t the vacuum cleaner clean at the scheduled time?
- The vacuum cleaner must not be in "Pause" mode (interrupted or incomplete cleaning).
- The vacuum cleaner must be in "Idle" mode or located in the charging station.
Why does the map get deleted?
- The vacuum cleaner did not start cleaning upon leaving the charging station;
- The environment around the charging station has changed (e.g. by moving the charging station, furniture, kneeling in front of the vacuum cleaner, putting a box down, etc.);
- Occasionally, the map may be deleted during the cleanup process (or when it is interrupted and returned to the charging station). However, if the map is already properly saved, it will automatically reload when you return to the charging station, or you can recall it in the "Map" section and use it again.
After trouble-free use, the map has rotated or shifted. How do I solve this problem?
- This can be caused by several factors (or a combination of them):
Significant layout changes in the environment in which the vacuum cleaner moves (moving furniture, placing new objects in the room, etc.); the vacuum cleaner needs "sharp corners" (the so-called reference points) for correct orientation. Therefore, try to keep as many corners as possible free and do not place any objects in them;
Improper placement or relocation of the charging station; if possible, do not move the charging station or place it in the corner of the room and leave sufficient free space in front of the charging station (approx. 1.5 m) and on its sides (approx. 0.5 m);
Carrying the vacuum cleaner; limit carrying the vacuum cleaner as much as possible;
Movement of persons in the immediate vicinity of the vacuum cleaner when the vacuum cleaner is cleaning (children, animals, etc.).
Surfaces with high gloss and reflectivity located at a height of about 12 cm above the floor (stainless steel furniture, mirrors, etc.
- If the map is rotated, shifted or otherwise deformed, you will need to delete the map and then create a new map, including defining all zones.
If an error message appears in the app (the vacuum cleaner lights up red), check the part of the vacuum cleaner and clean it according to the instructions in the operating manual.
The app hangs or “freezes”.
Restart the app and if that does not help, restart your smart device.
The movement of the vacuum cleaner in the app is “jerky” and has a long response.
Check the signal strength and stability of your WiFi network. It is possible that the vacuum cleaner cleans in places with insufficient WiFi network signal.
The app does not respond to anything, although it has always worked properly. How do I solve this problem?
The situation is probably caused by a change that took place in your phone (e.g. installation of other apps, system updates, etc.) or on the WiFi network. If you cannot solve the problem by reverting the changes on your phone or WiFi network, uninstall and reinstall the ETA NAVAGGIO app.
If all the above procedures and tips fail and you rule out an error on the part of your telephone and WiFi network, contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Operating instructions in PDF are available below.
1) User manual for the robot ETA2228
2) User manual for the robot ETA4228
3) ETA NAVAGGIO application instructions